12 August 2015

Necklace Dita

I've started this one right after the first delivery of beads and crystals. Lime green is recently my thing (together with the orange-pink, but can't really find any beads this colour!) but even then it took me a while to choose base colour. I've been worried that any kind of silver lining, or pearl effect, with a combination of this many crystals, might end up looking too glamour. I wanted to achieve more 'everyday' look so I went for this translucent green. Bicones are I believe grey, with this opalescent effect, thought next to the seed beads they appear quite greenish themselves! Magic.

Today's tip: It's good to think through the bead combination of a planned project. Not only based on colours, but also on a style which you're willing to achieve. As more experience you get as easier it will be to imagine the final effect.

Pattern from beadsmagic.com

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, love your colors! I'm working with this pattern right now as well, and saw your post on the pattern page :) Planning to use it as bracelet fringe (with smaller beads).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Peikkonen, I'm very happy you like it :) A bracelet from this pattern is a very interesting idea. I would worry that the pattern is too... long for a bracelet, that it would be catching everything around, but maybe with smaller beads it could work. I'm very curious how it will turn out, please make sure you share some pictures with me after you're done. Have fun and be creative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...