30 July 2015

Necklace Flame

As it's my first bead-weaving necklace ever I didn't really know what to expect. I'm rather good with crafts, I can work my way with needle and I've got an eye for a detail, so I wasn't worried at all. It probably took me around 6 hours across two days, but after I put the clasps I couldn't be happier! There it was, my first beaded necklace. I used entirely 11/0 Czech seed beads for it. Silver lined gold beads were the ones which I had the most at that time, that's why I chose them as my basic colour. I was very surprised how shiny it became on the thread, in the baggy it looked much more toned down, slightly brownish. Finished necklace reminds me of Indian jewellery.

Today's tip: Never underestimate your silver lined beads!

Pattern from beadsmagic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...